Let Them Eat Tea and Cake



It's good to have creature comforts. Sometimes, if I've been really good all week, I like to indulge in some treats on my walk home from the gym. There is a 4 story bubble tea shop called "Feeling Tea" that serves delicious black milk tea with bubbles for 60 cents. It's the only thing I order on the menu because the rest of it is in Vietnamese and I fear that my order would somehow get lost in translation. But I can honestly say that it has never let me down and it is my old faithful. A very good friend of mine, Anna Calapiz Gonzalez, first got me addicted to bubble tea during our marketing class over the summer of 2004 at Concordia. On the third floor of the Faubourg food court in Montreal, there is a Taiwanese restaurant that serves up a lovely coconut milk tea for $1.97.


A few doors down from "Feeling Tea" is a fantastic little bakery counter that is mobbed all hours of the day and night by people picking up cakes and goodies. It's akin to the "Magnolia Bakery" in New York City. I normally pick up a little vanilla cake tray with buttery vanilla icing and sprinkles for work for 80 cents. You know what I'm talking about - the fluffy, moist, spongey vanilla cake topped with an inch of sugary, buttery icing? The stuff that you get when you go to a four-year old's birthday party?


My co-workers and I go into a little sugar coma during our cake and coffee/tea breaks. Sometimes you just have to indulge!

No comments: